Monday, February 24, 2014

Nursery Gris (Pinning)





When I was expecting Baby Cricket someone asked me if I decided on the nursery's "theme." I demurred. At that point, I was focused on making room for my baby in a space that was a study/closet/storage room. And since the room would continue to be a multipurpose space, I didn't want the decor to be too babyish.

So I searched for a crib, because it seemed like the logical place to start even if she wasn't going to be sleeping in there for a while. After extensive pinning and researching, I found a safe, American-made, grey crib and cute sheets (see above). And voila, there was my theme: grey with pink and white. No animals or fairy tales just colors that looked nice together.
Grey is trendy especially for a nursery, and I can see why. It mixes well with almost any color so it can be girlish or boyish or androgynous. It's also very calming.
P.S. Don't you just love the snake picture? I love the idea of having skulls and snakes around so baby girl won't fear them as she gets older.  (Wishful thinking, I know.) 
P.P.S. I didn't purchase most of the things above. In fact, I outfitted most of our nursery from Craigslist and hand-me-downs. More on that later. But looking around sure is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment