Friday, February 28, 2014

February Challenge- Week 4 (Overnight Oats)

Another victorious week over here.  A great way to end the month even if Week 2 was a total fail.  Well victorious might be a little bit too strong of a word because I had Tostada Cubana on Wednesday morning. Breakfast was at home but it was not exactly healthy. 

I attribute this week's victory to overnight oats.  Typically, I make overnight oats in the summertime when I want a cold but healthy breakfast.  This week, I decided that having my oats prepared the night before makes the morning a lot more goof proof.  If I want them warmed up I can put them in the microwave for less than a minute, but there's no mixing or stiring involved.  (This is not the lazyness talking but rather the tiredness.) I can also make a couple of servings because depending what type of liquid you use, it can last 2-3 days in the refrigerator. 

There are lots of recipes for overnight oats.  I usually just follow the liquid to oat ratio on the box and substitute juice or almond milk for water and then add fresh or dried fruit and sometimes nuts or seeds.  Then I combine the ingrediants and put them in a sealed container.  Voila, overnight oats!

Ordinarily I would just leave them overnight in a plastic container but the Mason Jar looks so much cuter.

No comments:

Post a Comment