Friday, February 21, 2014

February Challenge: Week 3 (A Cold Weather Shake)

This week was so much better!  Order was restored to our lives (well as much order as you can expect with a 7 month old).  And I met my breakfast goal each day (even on President's Day).

This week I tried a warm Chai Gingerbread shake that I found on Goop.  Now I know there are a lot of Goop critics out there.  Yes some of the ideas that come out of there are unattainable but I don't think attainability is what Goop is about.  How many of us are tall, thin, and blond movie stars married to hot rock stars and shuttle between London, L.A., and East Hampton?  If that was me I would probably consider a $300 a day meal plan and give my friends $500 dollar pajamas.

But I digress.  Here is the recipe.  I will definitely drink this a few times a week until the weather calls for a colder food.

Goop's Chai Gingerbread Shake

Ingredients (Makes 1 Serving)

  • 1 cup warm brewed rooibos chai tea (Note: I could not find this so I purchased regular Chai Spiced Tea)
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon allspice (I did not have allspice on hand so I sprinkled in some nutmeg)
  • 2 teaspoons ground ginger
  • 1/2 cup almond or coconut milk (I used almond milk)
  • 2 tablespoons almond butter
  • Coconut nectar, raw honey or stevia to taste (I used vanilla instead)
  • Optional: 1 scoop protein powder of your choice (I used this powder)

3 comments:

  1. don't forget the watermelon sugar (http://kunzelman.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/brautigan_2_watermelon_sugar.jpg)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watermelon sugar delish and creepy all in the same mouthful.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete