Friday, April 25, 2014

Happy Friday (Joie de Vivre)

Bonjour via Mentol Art


Georgetown's annual French Market is this Friday and Saturday.  I'm so excited to get there bright and early this year.

I'm not really a Francophile but the French Market did have me thinking about all things French. 

French baby clothes are expensive but wonderful, and not overtly girly or princessy. Petit Bateau is pricey but I will say their clothes are the prettiest, most durable, longest lasting baby clothes I've come across. Also pricey but eco freindly and durable is Qeuf (owned by a Franco-American Couple).

It looks like Frenchie's croissants might be more readily available thanks to Kickstarter.

If you are into movies, the Goethe Institute is showing Franco and German Shorts this Saturday.

If a little one prevents you from watching a movie, there is French Storytime this Saturday at the Aliance Fraincais.

As an aside, the Cleveland Park Library has Frenchy Story time on Thursdays at 4 PM.  In my limited experience of attending story times, I've found this one to be one of the best.

Bloombars and the Aliance Francais  DC are teaming up to host weekly performances for children en francais.

And let's not forget  Le Diplomat. Have you been?  It's delicious. I can't wait to go! 




No comments:

Post a Comment