Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Oh the Humanity (Humans of New York)



Do you follow Humans of New York on Facebook or Tumblr?  If you don't, you should check it out.

For those of you that don't know about it, Humans of New York is a photoblog of street portraits featuring everyday New Yorkers.  It StoryCorps in photos.

I love the posts because they remind me that everyone has a story and that you never know what the person standing next to you is going through.  Some of the posts make me laugh and others get me teary eyed.

Did I mention this project was so successful the photographer, Brandon Stanton, turned it into a book?

Here are some of my favorites:

EXACTLY how I feel about motherhood. “It was easier than I thought it would be.”

“I just won MVP on my soccer team!” I totally relate this happy moment. 
“He plays with me."  So beautifully said.
Hair Salons really are great places to make friends.
Other posts on the the power of images can be found HERE and HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment