Friday, June 20, 2014

Happy Friday (Summer Solstice Weekend 2014)


What are you up to this weekend?  I am going to a bridal shower.  I start boot-camp this Sunday! 

Still figuring out your plans?  Check out my Summer Reference Guide.  Or, you could spend your whole weekend drinking caipirinhas and watching the World Cup. 




Saturday

So the Alliance Francais is hosting a 12 hour solstice dance party. 12-4pm is all ages and 6pm-12am is for the 21+ crowd. 

Getting to Know Degas and Cassatt, Saturday, 11am and again on Sunday, 1pm, there will be an animated film about Degas and Cassatt. 

For the more contemplative, Little Om is hosting a Weekend in Paradise, a meditation workshop, from 3-6pm. 

Sunday

US vs Portugal at 6pm.  That is all. 

Here is a list of kid friendly places to watch the game. But really you can watch this game at any bar with a TV.  Or you can stay home and drink all the beer you want while you try our one of these delicious sausage recipes.

In other news. . .

I'm on the hunt for summer swimwear for both me and for baby girl. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

I also really want THESE glasses.

Do you remember coming home from your first year of college?  This article is so sweet.  I most relate to Matt and Eden.  How about you?

I'm not sure what rock I've been living under but I just learned that Stonehenge is the place to spend the solstice.  Here is a nice piece from National Geographic.

Who knew that internet cats could mean big business.

The New York Times has a piece on how to build a better neighborhood.

An interesting post for those of us who like to be "self-reliant."



No comments:

Post a Comment